In Florida, If My Court Ordered Child Support Is Not Being Paid, What Can I Do?


Florida is a state with earnest worry for the government assistance of its kids. As a matter of fact, the words “To the greatest advantage of the youngster” are the center point in the Florida Statutes with respect to minor kids, particularly with regards to disintegration of marriage (separate) including minor youngsters and kid support regardless of whether the guardians were at any point hitched to one another. When a court has requested kid backing to be paid (by either the dad or the mother) it is basically impossible to neglect to follow this request without ramification for the parent financially past due. Should the paying party become financially past due, there are distinct lawful advances that can be taken and in the event that the culpable party doesn’t go along there will be serious outcomes.

At the point when this is unimaginable, for the most part for monetary reasons, the Florida Department of Revenue, Child Support Enforcement will deal with the case, do the legitimate case work, and go to court under the watchful eye of the adjudicator. Sadly, there are disadvantages to this methodology as at any one time there are as a rule north of 1,000 people requiring this help, so it will require numerous months prior to a case utilizing this strategy will be heard. Moreover, the party requiring help can not speak with the lawyer who will address that person until the day of the trial, which will not permit a lot of opportunity to share individual data supportive to the case.

A movement for hatred of court is documented to introduce the sum owed. When the case for arrearages in kid support is under the steady gaze of the appointed authority, the person will be requested to pay the sum owed and generally court costs also. On the off chance that this isn’t finished in the time requested by the appointed authority, there are multiple ways the court will deal with the delinquent parent until the monies owed are taken care of, to some extent.

  1. Blocking Federal Income Tax discount because of the culpable parent and giving it to the next parent to assist with diminishing what is owed.
  2. Drop the identification of the parent falling behind financially until everything is repaid.
  3. Embellishing the non-paying guardian’s ledgers until the cash owed is taken care of.
  4. Suspending a driver’s permit, tag, and their vehicle enlistment of the parent financially past due until a piece of the sum owed is repaid.
  5. In serious cases, normally where the culpable parent doesn’t actually attempt to take care of what is owed, that parent will be put in prison for up to 179 days, or until a significant piece of the cash due is repaid.