Lean Six Sigma (LSS) is a term that many businesspeople hear thrown around in their work environments, but few actually understand it or know how to use it properly. Here’s what you need to know about LSS, how to learn it, and which online course options are right for you!
The Different Types of Lean Six Sigma Courses Available Online
Different Lean Six Sigma courses are available to help you become knowledgeable in the framework and methodology. Here’s a brief overview of each type:
- Foundation: This course will get you up to speed on what Lean Six Sigma is all about, how it works, and why it’s so important.
- Green Belt: This course will prepare you to take the Green Belt exam. There are prerequisites that need to be met before you can enroll, but once they have been met this course will provide a solid foundation for your application of Lean Six Sigma tools and methods.
- Black Belt: If you’re looking to acquire tools and methods that are used by senior level practitioners, then this course is for you. It goes into much more detail than the other two levels, taking an individual deep into various methodologies and tools. The price tag reflects that as well, with prices starting at $3100 USD (plus whatever country taxes may apply).
- Certification: Certification courses are perfect if you want to prove yourself as an expert in the field. The only downside is that some certification programs don’t allow candidates who have not completed previous levels of certification. Make sure to do your research when choosing which program best suits your needs!
- Specialization: Specializations focus solely on one specific topic area or discipline within Lean Six Sigma such as Customer Engagement Management or Manufacturing Design & Processes. With specialization courses, you’ll learn to apply Lean Six Sigma principles and tools to a specific problem or challenge. Pricing varies depending on the size of your company, whether you have employees enrolled in training already, and where you reside. A few examples include:
- Introduction to Quality Engineering (for those without any background knowledge)
- Operations Improvement Tools ()
- Performance Measurement ()
- Statistical Analysis () – Value Stream Mapping ()
- Enterprise Excellence (Harmony) () – Alliances: These partnerships offer individuals the opportunity to work with experienced professionals from outside their organization in order to create a better outcome. They offer unique mentoring opportunities and give people the chance to work together on projects for mutual benefit. Prices vary depending on membership status, location, duration of membership- etc., but generally speaking annual memberships start around $1000 USD per year (plus applicable taxes).
How to Choose the Right One for You
Choosing the right Lean Six Sigma training is an important decision. There are a variety of options available, so it’s not always easy to decide which one to pick. We’ve put together a list of things you should consider before committing to any one provider.
-Do I need certification or a college degree?
-What do I want out of my training?
-How much time do I have to dedicate to completing my program and tests? -What budget do I have available, and how much am I willing to spend on this project? -Are there other courses I need to take concurrently in order to be successful in my new position?
-Is there someone from my organization who can provide me with mentorship as I go through this process?
-Will I be using these skills daily, weekly or monthly? These questions will help you make your final decision. For example, if you need a certification or degree, then look for programs that offer them as well. If you don’t care about certifications but would like to learn more about the basics of Lean Six Sigma methodology without taking classes, then a basic guidebook might be more up your alley.
If certifications aren’t needed but access to mentors would really help in this process, search for programs that offer those too. It’s important to find a course that meets all of your needs while also fitting within the scope of what you’re able to accomplish over time and within your financial constraints. Make sure to evaluate your personal circumstances, and identify any additional prerequisites you’ll need for success. Ask yourself: What exactly am I looking for? The answer may change depending on where you are in the process, so review these considerations periodically to help keep things clear! -Wherever you are in the process, remember to take into account your personal circumstances and figure out what matters most to you!
Distance Learning – How Can You Benefit?
Distance learning offers a lot of benefits. When you study online, you can take as much time as you need to complete courses. Plus, there are no travel expenses and the classes are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. That means that if your work schedule or family commitments get in the way at certain times during the week, then distance learning might be the best choice for you because it allows you to study at any time of day or night.
Distance Learning also gives students access to lectures and other materials that would otherwise not be available to them if they were taking an on-campus course. It provides easier access to video streaming and audio files, which could save someone who lives far from campus from having to drive back and forth every day just for class. It’s also less expensive than going to school on campus: most schools charge $10-$15 per credit hour whereas most companies charge $250-$400 per student; this makes a huge difference when students have the potential of paying tens of thousands of dollars more over four years than if they studied at home. In addition, some universities only offer distance courses while others offer both options: with these companies (who provide both), you may have more flexibility in choosing when and where you want to attend class which is beneficial if you work full-time or have children at home. And finally, distance learning can give you more one-on-one attention since instructors know that their students are all located in different areas of the world. They’re able to reach out via email or phone whenever needed and answer questions outside of class time. So even though there are disadvantages like missing out on hands-on labs and meeting people who share similar interests, they’re often outweighed by what’s available through the mediums used.
Distance Learning can make studying abroad possible for anyone interested in attending college or graduate school but who doesn’t want to relocate permanently! Get started today by searching our directory of higher education institutions offering online degrees! 5) Find out how many credits per course they award
Online Training Options for Computer Education
There are a number of online training options that are available to learn Lean Six Sigma. Some of the best options include:
- The University of Cincinnati’s Certificate in Lean Management and the Certificate in Quality Management Programs
- The University of Texas at Dallas’ Certificate Program in Quality Engineering
- The Georgia Institute of Technology’s Certificate in Quality Systems Engineering and Continuous Improvement
- Penn State’s Six Sigma Green Belt Certification Training
- Harvard Business School’s Certificate in Strategy, Innovation and Product Development, or its Certificate in Data Analytics
- Ohio State University’s Master of Science Degree in Quality Science – Colorado State University’s PhD Program in Industrial Engineering with specialization in Manufacturing Systems, Materials and Operations
- Northwestern University’s PhD Program in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Mechanisms, Manufacturing Systems and Automation – Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Leaders-in-Training (LIT) MBA Summer Program offered by MIT Sloan Executive Education
At Empowering Productions, we teach Lean Six Sigma courses through live seminars as well as webinar sessions. A seminar typically lasts from one to two days and includes instruction from our company’s expert instructors. Webinars are conducted over a set time period such as six weeks, says Catherine Serna, Marketing Manager for Empowering Productions. Participants who register for a webinar series receive an email each week, so they can review any video content and work on their homework.
It also offers flexibility, she adds. If you’re not able to make it to the live event, you can log in remotely at your convenience. As this blog post demonstrates, there are many different ways to get certified in Lean Six Sigma – what type of learner do you think you would be?